We Need Your Input A.S.A.P

Please Give Us Your Thoughts!


Here is the latest update on this year’s Rock n Jock Charities Night of Entertainment and Golf Tournament. As I am sure that you are aware, The State of Rhode Island has many restrictions still in place regarding large gatherings of people and also restrictions on playing golf. These restrictions have been loosening, however, as a Board, we need to make a decision within the next couple of weeks as to whether we are going to move forward with the golf tournament. We have already been informed that our night of entertainment at The Crowne Plaza cannot take place due to the crowd restrictions, however we are discussing the possibility of an outdoor day of entertainment depending on the lifting of restrictions as we move forward. If we can make that happen all details will be posted on the Rock-N-Jock website (www.rocknjockcharities.com) and the Facebook page. Our goal right now is to try and hold a fundraiser this year to provide donations to our two charitable organizations; FARA ((Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance) and A Wish Come True. We will make next year our 20th Anniversary, and it will be bigger and better than ever. Even though there will be some restrictions on whatever we do, for a show or golf, our website is now set up to take donations, golf fees or buy tickets to the show.

We have been in close contact with Potowomut Golf Club through this crisis and, as of right now, they are not allowed to have shotgun starts so each foursome would be assigned a tee time. Carts would be available, but, as of right now, you can only share a cart with a person that you live with. These restrictions may change as we enter new Phases as the summer goes on. We would still have our on-course prizes and there will be prizes for the top three teams. We would not be able to hold a cocktail hour or dinner following the tournament, but food and beverages will be available on the course as we usually do while you play golf. The cost per player and foursome is still being discussed, but we expect it to be in the area of $150 per player, tee signs would still be available to purchase at $100 per sign. We would also hope to have our raffles and a silent auction during the event and we are still discussing the logistics of making those happen.

We ask that you help us make the decision whether to move forward with the golf tournament by taking a minute to respond to this email as to whether you would participate in our tournament this year, assuming there would be some restrictions, or you would not be interested in playing this year but would want to be contacted for next year’s events. I would ask that if you are our contact person for your foursome, please check with your other players for their opinion before responding. We will go with the majority decision.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you all. The Nakeds and I hope this post finds everyone in good health. Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! Stay Strong!

Steve (Chairman)